Sunday, February 18, 2007

Moving out

Looks like I'll finally be able to move out of Group Headquarters into a wee office which I found thanks to the Internet and Google in particular. Hardly a surprise there I suppose. Originally I had hoped to move into a city centre address and be near the likes of Learning and Teaching Scotland and a couple of the other agencies and commercial organisations I work with. However I took a financial reality rain check and agreed with my business advisor, well that's what she likes to think of herself as!!, that it might be better to look for an office a bit further out and one that wouldn't drain the bank.

Hadn't really considered Dalmarnock, and having drove around the area it looks like Glasgow City Council, the Executive and a host of other regeneration agencies haven't considered it either. It is the area where the Commonwealth Games site would be built so if there's one good reason to win the bid then it has to be to make some meaningful changes to this part of the east end of Glasgow.

I'm hoping to sign a one year lease tomorrow that will see me move into the Strathclyde Business Centre in the first week of March. From memory I think the office is the middle door on the top floor in the picture. It's an old school building that has been renovated to house a number of other small companies and I even have a very close up view of Parkhead, home of Glasgow Celtic, from a couple of the windows in the office. I'd have been far happier if it was Hampden or Firhill, but hey, maybe next year.

All I need to worry about now is office furniture, telecommunications links and informing everybody I've been dealing with to date that I'm moving address.

No comments: