Friday, November 03, 2006

Band of the week



Its Friday so about time I presented this week's album of the week. But just for a wee change, I thought I'd make it band of the week seeing as I'm going to see them at the SECC in Glasgow on Tuesday night. Muse is the band and their latest album Black Holes and Revelations has been hovering about my CD player for the past few months. It would be fair to say that it's a right good album though not my favourite from the band. That remains Hullabaloo which captures Muse live in concert at Le Zenith in Paris in October 2001 and when I watched it on MTV2 a few years ago I promised myself that I'd go and see them the next time they were in Glasgow.
What have I got to look forward to on Tuesday night? Well the set listing from their concert last week suggests a right good night out.
Take A Bow, Hysteria, Map Of The Problematique, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Assassin (extended), New Born, Plug In Baby, Forced In Bliss, Sunburn, Hoodoo, Invincible, Supermassive Black Hole, Starlight, Time Is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, Muscle Museum and Knights Of Cydonia
They'll also be supported by the Noisettes who I saw supporting Skin last year. Hopefully they'll go down well too though I think I might be in a bar having a small shandy during their set.

No comments: